Aug 1st 2018
What a great summer we are having. We hope you are enjoying the Lido this year.
The Committee would like to provide a summary update of our activities and discussions on your behalf.
The Committee is holding regular meetings with GLL/ Better and the City Council about improving:
1. Cleaning – we now have a regular cleaner and more regular checks being carried out
2. Volunteers – are helping with cleaning too
3. Café opening times – more regular and published via Twitter
4. Lifeguards and the use of high visibility chairs
5. Access entry cards for the future to reduce queues
6. Publicity – leaflets printed and distributed across the city
7. Swim tests – a new wristband for children to show they have been tested
8. Fun floats for children
9. Possible introduction of timed swims at peak periods
10. Possible introduction of yoga and other activities, incl a Family Fun Day
We also expect to be involved in plans for celebrating the Lido’s centenary in 2023, and in the City Council’s feasibility study for possible future improvements.
If you have any issues that you would like the Committee to raise, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
301 total views
Election of new committee officers on 4th September 2017
Chairperson: Nicky Blanning
Secretary: Anne Campbell
Treasurer: Nicky Maughan (with Alex Buxton as a second signature)
Membership/Website: Geoff Jones
Press Communications/Publicity: Becky Allen and Alex Buxton
Othe committee members are:
Mary Latham*, David Wells, Richard Folley, Francis Jeans, Will Hudson, Ben Pridgeon, Anie Morgan James, James Murray-White, Caroline Lewis*, Rosie Tween*
- changes on 19 April 2018 committee meeting
361 total views
We will be having a meeting for the selection of a Chairperson, Treasurer & Secretary and the formation of a new committee at The Waterman PH at 6 pm on Monday 4th September.
If you are unable to attend but wish to be considered for a post or on the committee please respond to this email.
The minutes of the meeting held on 23 August 2017 are now available on our website at https://www.jesusgreenpool.org/2017/08/30/minutes-of-the-friends-of-jesus-green-pool-meeting-on-23-august-2017
Please note: The Potting Shed is not available for this meeting but we have reserved three tables in the main bar by the Victoria Ave/Chesterton Rd corner
149 total views
Welcome all Friends of Jesus Green Pool
I am keen to create a new Committee for the Friends to assist our communication with
c) the City Council
d)to determine the use of any funds that have been raised.
If you would be interested in joining a new Committee, please email back to email@example.com
The date proposed for an initial meeting is WEDNESDAY 23 AUGUST 2017 6.00PM AT THE BOATHOUSE PUB, Chesterton Road.
If you are interested but unable to attend on that date, please let me know.
Thank you all.
371 total views