Friends of Jesus Green Lido
Committee Meeting Wednesday 19th April 2023
Brief notes for publication
Attendees: Nicky Blanning, Becky Allen, Annie Morgan-James, Antony Quinn, Rosina, Sian Ryan, Chris Hudson, Nicky Spoor, Colin Campbell, Caroline Lewis, Julie Durrant (City Council), Steve Rayment (GLL), Daryl Emes (GLL)
Jo Lockhart, Richard Folley, Anne Campbell
Lots of Centenary Actions planned:
- JG Book – going well. New contacts made and interviewed. Funding possibilities being pursued.
- Music has been written for the celebrations & hopefully, a choir can be persuaded to sing at the lido.
- Film – a film has been made. Planning to show it on film night August 9th at JG.
- Flags- designs have been chosen and are with the council manufacturers. Date of hanging to be decided.
- Crocheted penguins – Work is going well. Dot of Cambridge Yarn Collective has been in touch with Daryl to discuss installation.
- Bunting – We have been in touch with ‘Sew Positive’.
- Sign Writing – Buck and Bear have been commissioned to write ‘Jesus Green Lido 1923-2023’ on wall facing pool entrance – Now done.
- Tile Mural – Information poster up at pool, this will be an ongoing project until August, when complete there will be a curtain opening.
- Cambridge 105 radio
In touch with broadcasters.
- Merchandise – Various items now available – to be ordered &/or sold at the pool.
- Captain Webb play -Saturday June 10th 7.15 for 8pm performance.
Promotional video created & to be linked to lido Twitter account & You Tube by Kane.
Should be able to accommodate 100-150 people.
- Calendar of events to be created and published
- Other matters:
- Planting at JG Volunteers have weeded and manured beds. Request for volunteers from swimmers help has gone out. Nicky thanked Becky on behalf of everyone for her hard work.
- Hanging Baskets – have been ordered and funded by Friends of JG
- Litter Pick – Request has gone out for help from Swimmers
- Facebook – A new Facebook site with group name ‘Jesus Green Swimmers’ will be created plus an Instagram account.
- Pool Maintenance – Problems with men’s urinals, women’s showers, sauna door and missing locks on cubicles.
The whole male toilet block needs replacing & GLL (Better) waiting for quotes.
The boiler needs replacing – waiting for quotes.
- Funding generally – The council is working on a major proposal for leisure facilities across the city.
- Friends of JG Charity proposal – paperwork to obtain charity status has been submitted.
- Memorial Board: Work is nearly complete & board will be hung on back wall in ‘snug.’
Next meeting (17 May) at Chesterton Rec