Change of Location
Following feedback on trips to Dunwich in recent years we decided to suggest Felixstowe instead of Dunwich for 2016.
We felt that the benefits were:
- Relatively safer swimming at all states of the tide
- Easier, quicker access by car from Cambridge with easy parking
- Accessible by public transport from Cambridge
- Numerous cafes for lunch and afternoon cakes
- Plenty of shelter if needed
- Possibly a beach hut as a base – thanks to Seamus
On Sunday 9th October, in a break with tradition, we visited Felixstowe for our annual Autumn swim in the sea.
The day proved to be a great success and started well with bright sunshine although there was a heavy rain shower just as most of were changing after swimming – never mind, the sun soon reappeared and some even returned to the sea later in the day!
The result was a very enjoyable day out, with around 27 people attending and many positive comments.
Thanks for joining us and here’s to next year!
395 total views, 5 views today